Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Return to Eden


Return to Eden - 30" square

This piece was juried into the "Journeys" show at Waverly House Gallery.  I was delighted to learn that it was judged "Best of Show".  The show continues through the end of November.

The quilt was a joy to make since the fabrics told me what they wanted to be and where they wanted to be and I simply listened.  I usually buy very little fabric but went wild this fall buying lots of different fabrics and not just the batiks that usually want to come home with me.  The new fabric really helped give me a burst of creativity.  

3 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

This is one of my very favorites. It looks even better in real life. See you soon.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It is fantastic, so lifelike I thought at first it was a photo...great work!

Sonja Threadgill Nelson said...

very beautiful Roberta