Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wallflowers


Wallflowers II  - 31" x 40"

This quilt was a joy to make.  I started by making several flowers with no idea what I was going to do with them.  Then it seemed they needed a stone wall to lean against.  I sewed everything down, including the leaves and flower that project into the sky.  After seeing some great pieced skies at a quilt guild meeting, I came home and did some major unsewing and changed the sky.  It was a great improvement.

This piece will be exhibited at Waverly House Gallery during the annual "Meet the Artists" weekend September 9th and 10th.  If you are around Springfield, come see it and me.

2 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Photos of this just doesn't do it justice. I want to see it up close. I will try to get to Waverly to see it. Beautiful.

Jan said...

Roberta this is lovely and I can see why it was a joy to make. Lovely background wall and quilting! Wish I could see it in person.